Sunday, February 15, 2009

Up next: a tongue stud?

My facial hardware has increased by 200% during the last few months. The braces were very painful for the first few days, but I'm seeing huge improvements already and I'm so excited about the end result. Meanwhile, I don't eat popcorn, I carry a toothbrush with me everywhere, and I spend 15 minutes every evening flossing. I make it fun by listening to CDs I borrow from the library.




The glasses are my first pair ever, and I wouldn't even have them except that I work for an eye doctor. It's good advertising. In case in you're into such things, as I am, they're designer frames--"Ambrosia" by BCBGMAXAZRIA, with polycarbonate, anti-reflective lenses. I love them! Even though my prescription is pretty slight, it's amazing how colors "pop" and everything seems that much more brilliant when I'm wearing my glasses.


So what's next, a tongue stud? An eyebrow ring? Alas, the magnets on my fridge already slide toward me whenever I come near. I'd better call it quits on the metal for now.

2 comments:

  1. I say go all out and get a nose ring with a chain attached to your earring. That wouldn't be gaudy or anything. By the way, thanks for your last email - I'm going to see the new temple in a month and you've already given me a good perspective on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing I knew where I was going, or I wouldn't've recognized the site! Love those shiny braces! And the glasses make me think you'll be getting into politics next. Thanks for sharing yourself with us!

    ReplyDelete

Your turn. What do you think?